Timespinner is a crowdfunded metroidvania that is described as an ode to classic ’90s action platformers. The game has been available on Steam since September 2018 and has amassed mostly positive reviews. Now the developers have revealed the Timespinner Switch release date is June 4.
The original Kickstarter campaign funding promise included a 3DS version, but sadly that version had to be cancelled due to hardware constraints. Backers who wanted a copy of the 3DS version can choose the Switch version instead.
- Discover a lovingly-crafted, beautiful pixel art world
- Uncover a rich story universe exploring past and present Lachiem
- Grand medieval castles, serene lakes, and a bustling metropolis await
- Defeat enemies with Magic Orbs that grow in power as you use them
- Befriend mysterious familiars and train them to aid you in battle
- Locate hidden areas and treasures through secret walls and platforming puzzles
- Invite a second player to join the adventure by controlling Lunais’ familiar in local co-op
The Timespinner Switch release date is June 4 and the game will be priced $19.99. If you’re a backer of the original campaign back in 2014, be sure to check your email for your key. I missed the original campaign due to Kickstarter fatigue, but I’ll be checking this one out. Seems like an enjoyable title for those who are fans of the genre.
- Fix your annoying Joy-Con drift with this nifty electronic contact spray
- Blazing Beaks Review – A competent roguelite in the same vein as Nuclear Throne
- Monster Slayers Tips & Tricks – Having trouble building a good deck?
- Power A Controller vs. Pro Controller – Is this wired controller worth the cheap price?
- Behind the design of FTL & Into the Breach