Devolver Digital has announced that doinksoft’s Gato Roboto is releasing on Nintendo Switch this week. You can pick up the charming 8-bit Metroidvania on May 30. The release date trailer reveals some of the gameplay you can expect from the game.
Gato Roboto Release Trailer
Gato Roboto Features
Players assume the role of Kiki the cat, guiding her through tons of enemies and obstacles to rescue her Captain. Kiki has a variety of mech suits at her disposal, offering traversal through land, sea, and even the air.
- Explore the underground labyrinth of a deep space outpost and uncover the dastardly deeds that unfolded before your arrival.
- Blast and dash your way through enemies and obstacles in an agile mech suit to face the guardians stationed precariously throughout the base.
- Cautiously venture outside the mech and risk all nine lives to explore areas inaccessible to your bulky, mechanical armor.
- Discover secrets abound and gather new weapons and items to help open up new areas on your journey through dozens of handcrafted environments.
Gato Roboto looks like a fun romp for people who enjoy the Metroidvania-style gameplay. You can pick it up on May 30 for $7.99. We’ll have a review coming for the game soon, since this is the type of game I can’t resist. Devolver Digital has been on fire with its support for the Switch, too. Switch and PC are the two main platforms for release.
- Find a new free Switch game to play from our list of recommendations
- An interview with the developer of Thea: The Awakening, a unique 4X game
- Don’t miss this Tangledeep beginner’s guide if you’re struggling with the game
- Fix Switch controller drift for less than $8 with this nifty technique
- Monster Slayers Review – A unique take on deck-building combat in a roguelike setup