Nintendo’s latest financial report for Q4 2022 gives us a look at the best-selling first-party games on Nintendo Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leads the pack.
The Nintendo Switch continues to sell astonishingly well for a six-year old console. While the Switch may be underpowered compared to the PlayStation and Xbox, its portability has made it a favored second console for many. The attach rate for first-party games on Switch continues to be higher than ever, thanks to a strong selection of games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a solid performer, despite being a Wii U port.
Here’s a peek at the best-selling first-party Nintendo Switch games, as of Q4 2022.
Best-Selling First Party Nintendo Switch Games
- Mario Kart 8 | 52 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 41.59 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | 30.4 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | 29 million
- Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | 20.6 million
- Super Mario Party | 18.79 million
- New Super Mario U Deluxe | 14.75 million
- Pokemon Legends: Arceus | 14.63 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 | 12.44 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury | 10.82 million
- Splatoon 3 | 10.13 million
- Mario Party Superstars | 9.38 million
- Nintendo Switch Sports | 8.61 million
- Mario Strikers: Battle League | 2.47 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 | 1.81 million
- Bayonetta 3 | 1.04 million
Games like Bayonetta 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 are niche JRPGs compared to games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. But each of these games managed to reach at least one million in sales before the end of Q4 2022. This report highlights just how strong the first-party Nintendo Switch catalog is, following years of weakness with the Wii U.
Ninty Gamer is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission.