Want to know how to use amiibo in the Legend of Zelda: BotW? Here are the steps you need to take.
Breath of the Wild is a game that feels like it’s full of magic the first time you play it. Experimenting with the physics in the game and all the cool things you can do will bring delight to any gamer’s heart. You can also use any of the Legend of Zelda amiibo in the game for special bonuses. If you’re curious what each amiibo does, check out our guide.
If you’re not sure how to use amiibo in the first place, keep reading. Nintendo doesn’t make it as intuitive as some of the other games that use the figures.
How to Use Amiibo in the Legend of Zelda: BotW
You must unlock the amiibo rune in the game before you can begin to scan amiibo into the game. It’s the first rune you unlock, usually about 45 minutes into the game. Each amiibo figure can be used once per day, per Nintendo Account. The Wolf Link amiibo can be used to make Wolf Link appear and help you find items and attack enemies.
- Make sure you have the amiibo rune unlocked.
- Press the + Button to open the in-game Menu.
- Press the R Button to Access the System Menu.
- Select Options, then choose ‘Use amiibo.’
- Now you can access the amiibo rune by pressing Up on your gamepad.
- Select the amiibo rune from the list and set it as your ability.
- Exit the menu and press the L button to activate the skill.
- A glowing sphere will appear where you can aim where the amiibo contents will appear.
- Hold the amiibo over the right control stick to scan it.
Note: Some amiibo have a special chance to spawn certain items. If you don’t get what you want the first day, scan them again the next day to try again. The Epona amiibo adds Epona to the game randomly, you still have to seek him out and find him.
Thanks for supporting Ninty Gamer. This page may contain affiliate links from which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase.