Learn how to transfer your screenshots from your Switch to your phone with this easy app.
When the Switch launched, the only way to get screenshots off of the microSD was to upload them to social media like Twitter or connect the microSD to a computer. Nintendo finally made an easier way to transfer screenshots, but it requires a lot of setup. Nintendo’s solution requires long-pressing each screenshot or video to send it.
The Switch Transfer Tool for Android simplifies this process for Android users (sorry iOS). You only need to scan one QR code to connect to the Switch and begin batch transferring screenshots and video to your smartphone.
How Switch Transfer Tool Works
- Open the photo album on your Switch and choose the photo you want to share.
- Tap the ‘A‘ button to open the Sharing & Editing interface.
- Scroll down to ‘Send to Smartphone‘ and press A.
- Choose ‘Only This One‘ to send one picture or ‘Send a Batch‘ for up to ten.
- Open the Switch Transfer Tool on your phone.
- Press ‘Transfer from Switch.’
- Scan the QR code and select ‘Connect‘ when the prompt appears.
- Screenshots will now appear in your phone’s gallery.
This tool makes it much easier to get your Switch screenshots on your phone without having to tool around with the built-in solution.
Does Switch Transfer tool work on iOS?
Unfortunately, the app is Android only. However, there is a similar solution called Switch Buddy for iOS that works very similarly. Check it out if you have an iPhone and you want to transfer your Switch screenshots more easily to your phone.
Thanks for supporting Ninty Gamer. We use ad revenue and affiliate links to support the site.