Pokemon Legends: Arceus features some new evolution mechanics. Here’s how to evolve pokemon in the game.
The Hisui region offers a huge, open world to explore with plenty of pokemon to catch. Much about the evolution mechanics for pokemon are different in this game, too. Need some help evolving your favorite Pokemon? Here’s how the evolution mechanics have changed in this latest pokemon adventure.
There are a few pokemon in the game that will evolve after certain conditions have been met in battle. Satisfying these conditions means fighting with these Pokemon. Here’s a look at some of the battle evolutions available in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
- Basculin ➡️ Basculegion | Take 300 points of recoil damage without fainting.
- Qwilfish ➡️ Overqwil | Use Barb Barrage 20 times in Strong Style.
- Stantler ➡️ Wyrdeer | Use Psyshield Bash 20 times in Agile Style.
Learning Specific Moves
Some Pokemon in the game must learn a specific move in order to evolve. You’ll need to satisfy these conditions for the following evolutions.
- Aipom ➡️ Ambipom | Learn Double Hit (Lvl. 25)
- Bonsly ➡️ Sudowoodo | Learn Mimic (Lvl. 29)
- Licktung ➡️ Lickylicky | Learn Rollout (Lvl. 34)
- Mime Jr. ➡️ Mr. Mime | Learn Mimic (Lvl. 25)
- Piloswine ➡️ Mamoswine | Learn Ancient Power (Lvl. 34)
- Tangela ➡️ Tangrowth | Learn Ancient Power (Lvl. 34)
- Yanma ➡️ Yanmega | Learn Ancient Power (Lvl. 34)
There are some pokemon in the game that can only be evolved by using a special item on them. These evolutionary items can be found in a variety of places. Vendors may sell them, or players may receive them as quest rewards or mystery gifts from collecting satchels.
You can use evolutionary items on pokemon by selecting the item from your inventory and moving it to any pokemon marked compatible. Each evolutionary item is single-use, so you’ll need to gather multiples. A new Linking Cord item can be used on pokemon that traditionally needed to be traded to evolve.
- Eevee ➡️ Flareon
- Hisuian Growlithe ➡️ Hisuian Arcanine
- Vulpix ➡️ Ninetales
- Aloloan Vulpix ➡️ Alolan Ninetales
- Eevee ➡️ Glaceon
- Eevee ➡️ Leafeon
- Hisuian Voltorb ➡️ Hisuian Electrode
- Eevee ➡️ Jolteon
- Magneton ➡️ Magnezone
- Pikachu ➡️ Raichu
- Roselia ➡️ Roserade
- Togetic ➡️ Togekiss
- Misdreavus ➡️ Mismagius
- Murkrow ➡️ Honchkrow
- Onix ➡️ Steelix
- Scyther ➡️ Scizor
- Johto Sneasel ➡️ Weavile (Nighttime)
- Hisuian Sneasel ➡️ Sneasler (Daytime)
- Haunter ➡️ Gengar
- Graveler ➡️ Golem
- Kadabra ➡️ Alakazam
- Machoke ➡️ Machamp
- Porygon2 ➡️ Porygon-Z | Dubious Disc
- Electabuzz ➡️ Electvire | Electirizer
- Clefairy ➡️ Clefable | Moon Stone
- Happiny ➡️ Chansey | Oval Stone
- Ursaring ➡️ Ursaluna | Peat Block (Full Moon)
- Rhydon ➡️ Rhyperior | Protector
- Gilgar ➡️ Glisor | Razor Fang
- Dusclops ➡️ Dusknoir | Reaper Cloth
- Petilil ➡️ Hisuian Lilligant | Sun Stone
- Porygon ➡️ Porygon2 | Upgrade
- Eevee ➡️ Vaporeon | Water Stone
- Scyther ➡️ Kleavor | Black Augurite
New to Pokemon Legends: Arceus are pokemon who can only evolve if you befriend them. You can grow your friendship level with these pokemon by using them in battle, taking care of them, and spending time with them. However, there is no way to check your friendship level in your pokedex.
You’ll need to find an NPC named Belamy who can tell you the current relationship status with your Pokemon. He can be found in the Jubilife Village Pasture after completing the Measuring your Compatibility quest.
- Budew ➡️ Roselia
- Buneary ➡️ Lopunny
- Chingling ➡️ Chimecho
- Cleffa ➡️ Clefairy
- Eevee ➡️ Espeon (Daytime)
- Eevee ➡️ Umbreon (Nighttime)
- Golbat ➡️ Crobat
- Eevee ➡️ Sylveon (Fairy Type Move)
- Munchlax ➡️ Snorlax
- Pichu ➡️ Pikachu
- Riolu ➡️ Lucario
- Togepi ➡️ Togetic
- Mantyke ➡️ Mantine (Remoraid in Party)
Location Evolutions – How to Evolve Pokemon in Arceus
Some pokemon can only be evolved if they are in a specific environment. Some of the Eeveelutions are like this.
- Eevee ➡️ Leafeon | Heartwood area of the Obsidian Fieldlands near mossy landmark.
- Eevee ➡️ Glaceon | Alabaster Icelands in the Bonechill Wastes near an icy rock in the cavern.
- Magneton ➡️ Magnezone | Coronet Highlands
- Nosepass ➡️ Probopass | Coronet Highlands
- Sliggoo ➡️ Goodra | Anywhere it is raining.
Certain pokemon in Legends: Arceus will evolve based on their gender. If you want certain evolutions, you’ll need to catch a pokemon of a certain gender.
- Burmy (F) ➡️ Wormadam (Lvl. 20)
- Burmy (M) ➡️ Mothim (Lvl. 20)
- Combee (F) ➡️ Vespiquen (Lvl. 21)
- Kirlia (M) ➡️ Gallade (Dawn Stone)
- Snorunt (F) ➡️ Froslass (Dawn Stone)
Ninty Gamer is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission.