Nintendo’s financial earnings call this week revealed a little bit about the direction of the company this year. Nintendo’s president said we can expect no new Switch models in 2020, but it wasn’t all bad news.
The Nintendo Switch has sold 52.48 million units across the globe. The last official numbers we saw were in September, where the Switch sold 41.67 million units.
That means the Switch sold around 10.81 million units in the 2019 holiday season.
With that massive bump in sales comes more games sold. Nintendo released an updated look at their best selling Switch games as of 2019. Unsurprisingly, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still graces the top of the list.
Best Selling Switch Games as of 2019
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 16.06 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 11.76 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Splatoon 2 – 9.81 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Super Mario Party – 9.12 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million ($59.99 Amazon)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million ($59.99 Amazon)
Curious about the best selling indie games on Switch? We still don’t have an update for those numbers from last year.
However, we can glean some clues from a sale in the Nintendo eShop last year. While no numbers were released, many of these are excellent releases. Remember, the list below is in no particular order concerning actual sales figures.