Ready to color coordinate your island based on the seasons? Here’s what you need to know about ACNH shrubs.
The biggest challenge to creating a unique island is color coordinating your shrubs and flowers. Which shrubs are in bloom depends on the season and whether you are in the Northern or Southern hemisphere. If you’re going for a specific look for your dream island codes – here’s how to get everything prepped.
What Are Shrubs or Bushes in ACNH?
A return from New Leaf, shrubs are a mix between trees and flowers. Each shrub takes a few days to grow and will flower at certain times of the year, though the bush itself will remain year-round.
Where Do You Get Shrubs?
Leif sells shrubs when he visits your plaza. As of the 2.0 update, you can visit Leif every day on Harv’s Island to buy more bushes, though the variety he has available will only change weekly.
When Do Bushes Flower?
Each bush or shrub has two flower varieties available (except for Holly) and will flower only during specific times of the year.
Here is a complete list of the bushes available in New Horizons and their flowering times:
A. Azalea (Pink/White)
- Northern Hemisphere | April 11 to May 31
- Southern Hemisphere | October 11 to November 30
B. Camellia (Pink/Red)
- Northern Hemisphere | January 1 to March 31
- Southern Hemisphere | June 16 to September 30
C. Hibiscus (Red/Yellow)
- Northern Hemisphere | July 21 to September 20
- Southern Hemisphere | January 21 to March 20
D. Holly (Red)
- Northern Hemisphere | November 1 to December 31
- Southern Hemisphere | May 1 to June 15
E. Hydrangea (Blue/Pink)
- Northern Hemisphere | June 1 to July 20
- Southern Hemisphere | December 1 to January 20
F. Plumeria* (Pink/White)
- Northern Hemisphere | June 1 to September 20
- Southern Hemisphere | December 1 to March 20
G. Tea Olive (Orange/Yellow)
- Northern Hemisphere | September 21 to October 31
- Southern Hemisphere | March 21 to April 30
*Plumeria was added in the 2.0 update. Leif sells them, and you can also find them growing on islands during Kapp’n Boat Tours. In the Happy Home Paradise DLC, you can get one each day for free once you’ve designed the school.
ACNH Shrubs & Flora Color Guide
This handy color circle was created by Twitter user @handxmade and it’s an invaluable tool for color coordinating areas on your island. You can see when the shrubs will be in bloom and which flowers match them best. Since the guide was created before the ACNH 2.0 update, it doesn’t include Plumeria as mentioned above.
Ninty Gamer is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission.